Do not share your NovoLog® Mix 70/30 FlexPen® with other people, even if the needle has been changed. Do not share needles or syringes with another person. You may give other people a serious infection, or get a serious infection from them.
Before taking NovoLog® Mix 70/30, tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions including, if you are:
- pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- taking new prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including supplements.
Before you start taking NovoLog® Mix 70/30, talk to your health care provider about low blood sugar and how to manage it.
Serious side effects can lead to death, including:
Low blood sugar (hypoglycema). Some signs and symptoms include:
- Dizziness, light-headedness, sweating, confusion, headache, blurred vision, slurred speech, shakiness, fast heart rate, anxiety, irritability, mood changes, and hunger.
Your insulin dose may need to change because of:
- weight gain or loss, increased stress, illness, or change in diet or level of physical activity.
Other common side effects may include:
- low potassium in your blood (hypokalemia), reactions at the injection site, itching, rash, serious allergic reactions (whole body reactions), skin thickening or pits at the injection site (lipodystrophy), weight gain, and swelling of your hands and feet.
Get emergency medical help if you have:
- trouble breathing, shortness of breath, fast heartbeat, swelling of your face, tongue, or throat, sweating, extreme drowsiness, dizziness, or confusion.
Please click here for NovoLog® Mix 70/30 Prescribing Information.
NovoLog® Mix 70/30 is a prescription medication.